Lagoon Club EXCOM elections for 2011 – 12
The Lagoon Toastmasters Club EXCOM Elections were held during the 244th club meeting on the 23rd of May 2011. The meeting was by TM Syed Fazlullah.
TM Dr. Balan Vijay Kumar, the Past President of Lagoon Toastmasters, presided over the EXCOM elections. It was done professionally and according to the TMI rules and regulations. The current Lagoon EXCOM headed by the club president TM Rakesh Dayal helped in setting up a nominating committee headed by past president TM Balan Vijay Kumar to nominate successors to the existing EXCOM.
The nominating committee included:
- Dr.Vijay Kumar – Immediate Past President
- MK Rajan – Founding member & Mentor of Lagoon Club
- Sailesh Ghaghda – Current Area Governor
- Rakesh Dayal – Current President
- Chandrasekhar – Current VP Education
The Election process started off with TM Vijay stating the rules and process of the election. A quorum (51% of active members) was needed to conduct business (including electing officers). Proxies or absentee ballots are not allowed at the club level.
One by one all the officers who were nominated by the committee were announced, starting with the president. There were no objections nor were they any other nominations from the floor. The club secretary TM Syed cast his vote to confirm the selection of all the officers.
All officers and their assistants were selected during the tie alloted. The assistants were selected to help groom them to become the next in line for the post. It was an exciting election.
The selected Club Officers and their assistants who were elected are listed below.
New Lagoon EXCOM for the year 2011-12
From left: Rakesh Dayal (current President), Chandrashekhar (President), Praveen (VP Education),
Sithara (VP Membership), George (Sergeant @ Arms), Rodney (VP PR),
Biswaranjan (Treasurer) & Mathews (Secretary)
- President: TM Chandrashekhar Rao
- VP Education: TM Praveen K. Narayanan
- VP Membership: TM Raham Sithara
- VP Public Relations: TM Rodney Araujo
- Treasurer: TM Biswaranjan Samal
- Secretary: TM Mathew Philip Mathews
- Sergeant @ Arms: TM George Jacob
- Proxy president: TM Santhosh Kumar Ramachandran
- VP Education: TM Mohammed Rafi
- VP Membership: TM Muraleedharan Punnamanna
- VP Public Relations: TM Richa Singh & TM Divya Mathur
- Treasurer: TM Jose George Chulliyana
- Secretary: TM Sunita Nair
- Seargent @ Arms: TM Balakrishnan & TM Wafa
Apart from the Officer roles as per TMI, Lagoon also have other roles! These TMs help on the web, media, photos, video and also the library.
Webmaster: TM Ravoof / TM Sreejith
Shootmaster: TM Sailesh Ghaghda / TM Suresh Edavana & TM Zakir Hussain
Librarian: TM Mohammed Rashid TC / TM Rakesh Dayal
Lagoon Club also had one more role and that is of the Wish Master! He greets all the members on their birthdays ad anniversaries! Lagoon Wish Master is TM Muraleedharan Punnamanna. We will surely miss our beloved, colourful, beautiful Wish Master TM Richa!
At the end of the elections, all the elected members gave an intro and what they would do the coming year. We at Lagoon Toastmasters wish them the very best in their work.