Lagoon Meeting #243
The TMOD was TM Dr. Balan Vijay kumar and his theme of the meeting was “Giving Feedback”
1. The meeting started on time i.e 7.30 PM This was third “Speakathon” of the season.
2. The Sergeant At Arms was TM Mathew P Mathews and he read out the mission statement and called the meeting to order.
3. The presidential address was done by TM M.K.Rajan with a very enthusiastic start.
4. Going with the Theme of the day “Giving Feedback” TMOD Dr.Balan established “Giving Feedback” is important in personal and toastmaster career and how it helped him in his toastmaster with his personal experience.
5. MTM Sunitha introduced the word “Ruminate”, and it was used by all the members and guest throughout the meeting. This was followed by a very interesting Round Robin session where all the members including guests, spoke about how the “Giving Feedback” helped them.
6. In the Project Speeches Session, we heard 6 speakers giving out their best.
The speakers were:
1. TM Nabeel Kattakath – Turning Point
2. TM Wafa l nakhi – The 1000 miles journey
3. TM Zakir Hussain – There is no success without handwork.
4. MTM Divya Mathur – Recipe for Sparkles
5. TM Mohammed Rafi – Body Language
6. TM Biswaranjan – Keep Going
Voting was held to choose the Best Speaker. All the TMs participated in the voting. MTM Wafa delivering his P1 with a speech title “ The 1000 miles journey” was declared as the best speaker.
7. General Evaluator TM Sailesh Ghaghada has done the evaluation covering all areas of the meeting proceeding and inspiring and insisting on the subject “Giving Feedback” as the mission and success of Toastmaster organization.
8. The other Silent Role Players were acknowledged and thanked by TM Dr. Balan Vijay kumar
a. Joke Master – TM Balakrishnan illuminated the whole audience with his bursting comedy from his personal experience,
b. Ah Counter – TM Jagdish Rao
c. Timer – TM Syed Fazlullah
d. Grammarian – MTM Sunitha
9. This was followed by the Awards and Closing Ceremony by our Acting President TM M.K.Rajan. The meeting concluded at 9.45.
10. Highlight of the meeting was Dr. Balan Vijay Kumar Tips on the importance of “Giving Feedback” is a very useful guide for personal and professional life.
Minutes of the Meeting Complied By TM Syed Fazlullah – Secretary
Photos courtesy TM Sailesh