Lagoon Meeting #241
Minutes of Meeting #241
The TMOD was TM Biswaranjan and his theme of the meeting was “ Know the Unknown”
- The meeting started on time i.e 7.30 PM
- For a change, the Sergeant At Arms role was taken by TM Rajan and he read out the mission statement and called the meeting to order.
- Again for a surprise change The presidential address was read out by TM Chandrasekhar
- Going with the Theme of the day “Know the Unknown” TMOD Biswa brought out a very beautiful and interesting slide presentation on the city of Orissa, where many unknown facts on the city of Orissa were unfolded.
- Very new member MTM Wafa introduced the word “Magnanimity”, her detailed explanation with various examples was applauded and the word Magnanimity was used 15 times during the entire meeting session. This was followed by a very interesting Round Robin session where all the members including guests, spoke on their native places trying to bring out the unknown facts.
- In the Project Speeches, we heard 4 speakers giving out their best.
The speakers were:
1. TM Muralidharan
2. TM Sagar Tamang
3. TM Jagadish Rao and
4. TM Reghunath Nair
- Voting was held to choose the Best Speaker. All the TMs participated in the voting. TM Reghunath Nair delivering his P9 with a speech title “ Adventures of Tom” was declared as the best speaker. This was followed by 10 min. Refreshment Break.
- New members who joined Lagoon Toastmasters recently were inducted by our VP Membership TM Reghunath Nair. Eight members were inducted. We wish them all the best in their speaking and leadership tasks.
- Taking the opportunity of the presence of Div. Governor TM Sasidharan, President TM Rakesh Dayal, called upon him to honor our Founding Father of Lagoon TM M.K. Rajan for his selfless and yeomen services towards Toastmasters and in particular to Lagoon by presenting him a Specially Ordered Neck Tie, imported from Toastmaster’s International, USA.
- General Evaluator MTM Sunita Nair brought out a new concept on evaluation techniques, where all the evaluators had an opportunity to evaluate all the speakers on different aspects of the speeches.
Following were the Evaluators:
MTM Richa Singh, TM Narasimham, TM Santosh Kumar and TM Balan Vijay Kumar.
Voting for the best evaluator was held. TM BalanVijay Kumar was voted as the best Evaluator of the day.
- The other Silent Role Players were acknowledged and thanked by TM Biswaranjan
a. Joke Master – MTM Reem, entertained the audience by enacting her most embarrassed moments.
b. Ah Counter – TM Valerian
c. Timer – TM Zakir Hussain
d. Grammarian – TM Balakrishnan
- Finally, the much awaited Lagoon Website was re-vamped and officially launched by our very own V P – PR, TM Ravoof.
- This was followed by the Awards and Closing Ceremony by our President TM Rakesh Dayal. The meeting concluded at 10:10 PM.